A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child. Our blog is focused on providing support to families who are thinking about or are a part of the foster care or adoption process.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One Person Can Make A Difference!!

I remember sitting in training for getting licensed to be a foster parent and hearing how many times the kids arrived with very little and many times they are carrying all their life's possessions in a garbage bag. I remember thinking how sad, but also not really believing that happens. Until the day we went to pick up our now adopted 12 year old daughter. When I arrived all of her belongings were in 2 garbage bags sitting at the front door like trash ready to be discarded. I soon found out she had made this same move with garbage bags 17 other times. After a while my daughter shared that she felt as worthless as the garbage bags that she carried. The bags were filled with clothes that were dirty, stained, torn, too big or too small, a few broken toys mixed with food wrappers.
 I immediately saw the need for something more dignifying than that. But what could I do? I am one person, I could make a difference in maybe this one person's life, but what could I do for all of the other kids being bounced around from home to home.As individuals we often do give ourselves enough credit of what we can accomplish. But Lori Souza of Tracy, CA found an amazing way to impact the lives of many foster children by starting Cases For Kids.
The group provides each of the children with a personalized bin wit 3 new outfits with tags, new bedding and other needed personal supplies.I know from my daughters experience coming to our home where she received new bedding and new clothes that were just hers, not ones that she got second hand. I could see her self esteem build right in front of our eyes!
I read about Tracy's incredible organization on the Mercury News website

To learn more about this project you can check it out at : 

http://www.caseforkidstracy.org/

Thank you Ms. Souza for caring! You make a difference in the lives of so many children!!!
Thank you for providing a sense of dignity and pride to our kids!!!





I know this video is for a water project, but the song is so true of all things. It just take one drop to change the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment